Today I choose this pain rub recipe to blog because it is truly amazing! I recently had an injury to my knee that kept me from working. I was taking prescription medication along with ibuprofen nothing was really touching the deep bone pain I was having. Then my friend who is also a doTerra Wellness Advocate shared this recipe with me. I cannot tell you how much this helped. I was able to cut back on my prescription medication and quit the ibuprofen. It is better than any over the counter pain relief cream you can buy for the reason that you are able to customize it to your specific needs. One size does not fit all!
Try this out and email me your results email@example.com let me know what you think. And as always visit @LifesEnhancingOils like and share my page so that I can continue to bring you great DIY’s and general information.
Customized Pain Relief Rub
* This recipe makes 1/4 Cup *
* The 5 different categories of oils in this recipe are meant to work TOGETHER to address ALL areas of pain relief.*
ESSENTIAL OIL Ingredients: ( Purchase your therapeutic-grade essential oils from Life’s Enhancing Oils, https://www.mydoterra.com/lifesenhancingoils)
30 Drops of Pain Relieving Oil (Pick One of the following oils):
- For Bone Pain: “Soothing” Blend or Wintergreen
- For Chronic Pain: “Soothing” Blend, Wintergreen or Cypress
- For Joint Pain: “Soothing” Blend, Wintergreen or Roman Chamomile
- For Muscle Pain: “Soothing” Blend White Fir, or Clove
- For Cartilage Pain: Wintergreen
15 Drops of a Calming and Tension Relief: Marjoram, Lavender, or Helichrysum (Pick One of the following oils):
- For Shoulder & Neck Tension Relief: Marjoram
- For a Muscle Tear Relief: Lemongrass or Ginger
- For Spasm Relief: Basil, Marjoram or Roman Chamomile
- For Ligament Relief: Lemongrass
15 Drops of a Anti-inflammatory (Pick One of the following oils):
15 Drops of an Essential Oils to Improve Circulation (Pick One of the following oils):
10 Drops of Peppermint – Peppermint is a “driving” oil and is a great addition to this recipe to “drive” all these oils in and to add that “cooling” sensation
Other Ingredients Needed:
.25 ounce of beeswax
.5 ounce (or 1/8 cups) of coconut oil
- Put the coconut oil and the beeswax in a small post and heat on low until melted and blended together. Don’t get it too hot. Just enough to melt.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Don’t let it start to thickening though
- Add the essential oils to the mixture. Stir.
- Pour into a wide mouth 1/2 pint jar
- Scoop a small amount and rub in deeply.
HOW TO USE & SUBSTITUTIONS:
- The 5 different categories of oils in this recipe are meant to work TOGETHER to address ALL areas of pain relief.
- Since this recipe is a “create-you-own” it’s very easy to “play” with the ingredients. You will feel a LIGHT tingling with this, but it’s not intense. So if you want a STRONG tingle, then use more of your Pain-Relieving oils and less of one of the other oils.
- This recipe is less than a 50:50 dilution
- If you need more of an anti-inflammatory rub, then use more of your anti-inflammatory drops and loss of another one
- Make this work for YOUR body. We are not a one-size-fits all.
* The credit for this recipe goes to the Paleo Mom fb page*