Who doesn’t like to relax in a hot bath after working in the yard, stressful job, chasing young ones around. Create your own spa experience in your own tub by making these Bath Bombs using simple household ingredients and your favorite essential oils. Watch out though Kids like them to!
1 Cup Citric Acid
1 Cup Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Cornstarch
1/2 Cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
8 – 10 drops of your favorite doTerrra essential oil or blend
Place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and Fractionated Coconut Oil in a bowl. Add essential oil. *Tip* Choose an essential oil to suit your needs. For relaxation, try Lavender or Serenity. For a mood boost, try Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss, or Grapefruit.
You can also add dried herbs or flower petals to mixture for color and added aroma.
Put mixture in a silicone mold. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold. You can also use cupcake liners or plastic wrap.
Once dry bath bombs are ready to use. Just drop into your tub and allow to dissolve completely sink in and enjoy.
* Recipe was taken from doTerra Essential Uses, 2013*
As always buy your pure grade therapudic oils from https://www.mydoterra.com/lifesenhancingoils
Today I choose this pain rub recipe to blog because it is truly amazing! I recently had an injury to my knee that kept me from working. I was taking prescription medication along with ibuprofen nothing was really touching the deep bone pain I was having. Then my friend who is also a doTerra Wellness Advocate shared this recipe with me. I cannot tell you how much this helped. I was able to cut back on my prescription medication and quit the ibuprofen. It is better than any over the counter pain relief cream you can buy for the reason that you are able to customize it to your specific needs. One size does not fit all!
Try this out and email me your results email@example.com let me know what you think. And as always visit @LifesEnhancingOils like and share my page so that I can continue to bring you great DIY’s and general information.
Customized Pain Relief Rub
* This recipe makes 1/4 Cup *
* The 5 different categories of oils in this recipe are meant to work TOGETHER to address ALL areas of pain relief.*
ESSENTIAL OIL Ingredients: ( Purchase your therapeutic-grade essential oils from Life’s Enhancing Oils, https://www.mydoterra.com/lifesenhancingoils)
30 Drops of Pain Relieving Oil (Pick One of the following oils):
- For Bone Pain: “Soothing” Blend or Wintergreen
- For Chronic Pain: “Soothing” Blend, Wintergreen or Cypress
- For Joint Pain: “Soothing” Blend, Wintergreen or Roman Chamomile
- For Muscle Pain: “Soothing” Blend White Fir, or Clove
- For Cartilage Pain: Wintergreen
15 Drops of a Calming and Tension Relief: Marjoram, Lavender, or Helichrysum (Pick One of the following oils):
- For Shoulder & Neck Tension Relief: Marjoram
- For a Muscle Tear Relief: Lemongrass or Ginger
- For Spasm Relief: Basil, Marjoram or Roman Chamomile
- For Ligament Relief: Lemongrass
15 Drops of a Anti-inflammatory (Pick One of the following oils):
15 Drops of an Essential Oils to Improve Circulation (Pick One of the following oils):
10 Drops of Peppermint – Peppermint is a “driving” oil and is a great addition to this recipe to “drive” all these oils in and to add that “cooling” sensation
Other Ingredients Needed:
.25 ounce of beeswax
.5 ounce (or 1/8 cups) of coconut oil
- Put the coconut oil and the beeswax in a small post and heat on low until melted and blended together. Don’t get it too hot. Just enough to melt.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Don’t let it start to thickening though
- Add the essential oils to the mixture. Stir.
- Pour into a wide mouth 1/2 pint jar
- Scoop a small amount and rub in deeply.
HOW TO USE & SUBSTITUTIONS:
- The 5 different categories of oils in this recipe are meant to work TOGETHER to address ALL areas of pain relief.
- Since this recipe is a “create-you-own” it’s very easy to “play” with the ingredients. You will feel a LIGHT tingling with this, but it’s not intense. So if you want a STRONG tingle, then use more of your Pain-Relieving oils and less of one of the other oils.
- This recipe is less than a 50:50 dilution
- If you need more of an anti-inflammatory rub, then use more of your anti-inflammatory drops and loss of another one
- Make this work for YOUR body. We are not a one-size-fits all.
* The credit for this recipe goes to the Paleo Mom fb page*
So last night I tried this Ginger Lime Brown Sugar Scrub that my friend and I made. This is the best stuff it actually leaves your feet silky smooth. So pamper yourself with this easy DIY Sugar Scrub to exfoliate your skin. This will come in handy especially in the Fall and Winter
Use it 1-2 times a week on hands, feet, legs and arms ( not recommended for your face as it is a bit to course)
You can add your favorite essential oils for your self or put in a nice airtight container and give this scrub as a gift.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
Note: Turbinado sugar is a large grained sugar that helps with deep exfoliation. If you don’t have turbinado sugar, you can use all brown sugar.
- Combine brown sugar, turbinado sugar, Fractionated Coconut Oil, and essential oil in bowl.
- Stir until well combined.
- Store in airtight container.
- To use, apply a small amount to feet, hands, legs or arms and scrub for 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Tip: For extra soft skin, apply the doTERRA Hand and Body Lotion.
* Picture and recipe are from doTerra’s the BLOG DIY’s*
Botanical Family: Cupressaceae (conifer: cypress)
Common Primary Uses: Calming, Tension, Tuberculosis, Urinary Infection, Yoga
Dilute with a carrier oil for children and for those that have sensitive skin. Apply to reflux points and/or directly on area of concern.
Diffuse, or inhale the aroma directly
Other Uses: This oil has been known to help with Acne, anxiety, arthritis, congestion, coughs, cystitis, dandruff, inflammation, psoriasis, purification, sinusitis, skin diseases, stroke, water retention.
Body Systems Affected: Nervous and Respiratory
* Information was taken from Modern Essentials eighth edition, February, 2017*
*** Purchase your therapeutic-grade essential oils at Oil Education
So today as you might guess I plan on cleaning some windows, and what better cleaner to use than an all natural cleaner using doTerra’s Lemon essential oil. Not only is it cost effective, easy to make and eco-friendly and more effective than store=bought cleaners.
What you will need:
16 oz spray bottle
1 1/2 C. White Vinegar
1/2 C. Water
8 drops Lemon essential oil
- Add vinegar, water, and essential oil to spray bottle. Shake thoroughly
Today I decided to blog on an quick and easy Sugar Lip Scrub, now I don’t claim to be a photographer but I don’t think I did to bad a job on the picture.
I think what I like the best about this recipe is that it is so versatile. You can add what ever flavor of essential oil in it you like. My favorite is Wild Orange…yes if you read my posts you will find that I love Wild Orange. But flavors like Lemon, Lime, Peppermint, Spearmint, Wintergreen also taste wonderful. It’s all about what your taste and likes are.
What you will need:
Lip gloss containers I bought mine at Wal-Mart for .97 for a two pack, they had all different colors.
4 teaspoons of white or brown sugar
3 teaspoons of coconut oil
3 teaspoons of honey
2 drops of Peppermint essential oil
2 drops of Wild Orange or another flavor of essential oil your choice
Mix ingredients together, Apply to lips as needed
*Please purchase your therapeutic-grade essential oils here https://www.mydoterra.com/lifesenhansingoils*